Monday, November 17, 2003

Monday Madness:
(very appropriate for this time of year)

Well the holiday season is fast approaching and that means shopping, decorating and baking! Have fun!

1. Have you started your Christmas shopping yet? If not, when will you be starting? I have started Christmas shopping. I had picked up a couple of things at a tupperware party back in August, but the traditional shopping starts the second Sunday in November. That is K-Mart family day, and one of the in-laws works in the pharmacy there. So several of us meet at about 5:00 p.m. that night. Rose, the youngest niece, is my helper, and she picks out gifts for the younger nieces and nephews. She has a good idea of what's in and makes me work easier. It's also a treat to hear her take on her siblings and cousins. The teen nieces and nephews are getting gift certificates this year.

I picked up another couple of gifts Friday. I probably won't do any more shopping until yep . . . another tradition . . . the Friday after Thanksgiving. A couple of sisters-in-law and I usuallly meet at 6:00 a.m. at Meijers and put in about four hours shopping time, picking up the "Black Friday" Christmas specials. Nothing heavy duty, but we enjoy hanging out.

The balance of gift buying will be staggered through December.

I do have to explain that these aren't large ticket item gifts. They're more "remembrance" items.

2. What are your favorite holiday goodies (baked goods, etc.)?

Cookies. All the fun cookies. And Christmas Eve we always have a traditional meal: Hot dogs and Potato Chips and Heavenly Pie. Yum.

3. Do you decorate for Christmas? Inside, outside or both? When will you be putting your decorations up? Inside I hae already started setting out my angel collection. There will also be a tree later. (I always want to get a real, but often end up putting up my little 4' artificial tree.) Lights will go on the balcony Thanksgiving weekend.

There ya have it, my plans for the holidays! Thanks, otto!